Painting the whole interior of your home white or a light shade is no longer the way to go. While it’s a safe choice and does make a room appear brighter and bigger, it has become trendy to opt for brighter or dark colours. Not convinced yet? Keep reading and let me explain.
Dark Paint Colours in Small Rooms
Dark paint colours like navy, grey or even black have always been considered a no-no, especially in smaller rooms, but not any more.
Unlike a white room that reflects light, a dark room reflects less. Because the dark paint absorbs the light, it blurs the edges of the room, giving the illusion of more space.
Pros of Dark Paint Colours
- Gives a dramatic look and feel to any space
- Will make a room feel warm and cosy
- It makes your wall art stand out
- Hiding hideous cables has just become easier
- It’s easy to maintain and won’t show dirt marks as quickly
Cons of Dark Paint Colours
- Might heat the room up faster due to absorption of sun rays
- Paint colour might fade faster
- Unforgiving when it comes to imperfections
- Can be difficult to cover up with a lighter colour
Paint Colours to Make a Room Look Brighter and Bigger
As previously established, a dark colour paint can be used make a small room seem bigger, if there’s sufficient sunlight that is.
It is believed that white, neutrals and light shades of yellow, blue and green helps to make a room look lighter and also bigger. This is because these colours reflect light.
If you aren’t sure about the paint colour that will work for your home interior, get in touch with the professionals at Sipenda Painting Contractors. Not only are they reliable painters in Pretoria, they are also affordable and more than qualified to give you professional results.